Product Development Engineer
What you will enjoy doing
• Provides leadership on product development projects, coordinating activities from design, pilot mold, production mold and successful handover into the production environment.
• Responsible for developing timelines, organizes samplings and sets priorities.
• Coordinates design activities between customer and internal design.
• Effectively communicates internally and externally with customers, suppliers and vendors to determine project requirements, coordinate activities, and provide direction.
• Documents key project information; Use appropriate forms and follows procedures established for project execution.
• Responsible for maintaining and tracking project costs.
• Responsible for analyzing and interpreting data and information to draw conclusions and recommended next steps.
• Identifies and resolves technical issues and risks to achieve project goals.
• Ensures that product meets specifications by working with Quality Assurance team.
What makes you great
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Packaging, Mechanical, Plastics engineering.
• 5-8 years of project management experience preferably in product development.
• Technical knowledge of materials and mold construction.
• Basic quality management knowledge including SPC
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite.
• Interpersonal competence.
• Problem solving skills.
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation; paid holidays