Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager is the main contact for local/international accounts and is responsible for treating and coordinating all types of customer requests. The job holder maintains long-term relationships with our customers and maximizes sales opportunities. The Key Account Manager collaborates with all technical internal divisions within the plants respective production plants to guarantee optimal customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain strong long term relationships with current customers and optimize customer satisfaction
- Manage customer pricing cycle, negotiate where necessary and ensure the correct price levels are achieved
- Recognize and generate new business opportunities with current clients aligned to the company strategy and targets
- Ensure the best solutions are offered for the customers’ needs and quality service is provided at all times
- Cooperate with all entities, associates and other teams within ALPLA
- Prepare and present customer reviews
- Prepare and manage Service Level Agreements for required customers
- Prepare the annual sales budget and report back on the progress against budget on monthly basis
- Participate in monthly Sales and Operational Planning meeting
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitor activity
- Participate in and manage the process around tenders/RFQs (prices, offers, negotiations, project follow-ups etc.)
- Participate in and manage contract negotiation from business award to conclusion i.e. signed contract.
- National Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing/Economics or other related field
- 5 years of experience in Account Management
- An affinity for numbers and technical aspects of product manufacture
- Excellent negotiating, relationship building and communication skills in English and
- another language
- Strong team player
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven
- Ability to manage challenging tasks with a high degree of self-responsibility
- Ability to travel within and outside of South Africa as and when required
Enjoy working for a Global company with great employee benefits.