What you will enjoy doing
- Develop and implement programs that will be in line with the company standard procedures in relation to environmental health and safety.
- Monitor environmental compliance issues and provide assistance with workplace safety matters.
- Processing of environmental health and safety permits of the company.
- Perform routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities.
- Investigate all safety and occupational health related injuries or accidents.
- Maintain an updated working knowledge of EHS regulations and understand the impact to the company, employees and customer.
- Conduct investigations and root cause analysis and may make resolution recommendations.
- Implement all corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of injuries & incidents.
- Orient employees regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and safety regulations.
- Manage the storage, recycle, reuse & disposal of residual, universal and hazardous wastes.
- Participates in EHS site audits, inspections and routine surveys including the developing and drafting of audit documentation, tracking corrective actions, and monitoring trends in results of audit activities.
- Maintain records in accordance to appropriate standards and regulations.
- Act as the Pollution Control Officer/Safety Officer of the company. Support service engineers for key machines at IM and SBM.
- Process the safety pass of all the employees that is a requirement of the customer.
- Issue permits to the contractors who will work inside the premises of the company.
- Ensures that complies with standards and practice the ISO, GMP, HACCP, KORE.
What makes you great
Graduate of any 5-year Engineering Course or related courses in the field of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical)
With 3 years progressively responsible experience in environmental health and safety field
With solid experience and background on implementation of safety rules and regulations
Knowledgeable with DOLE and DENR regulations in relation to occupational safety and health
Certification as a Pollution Control officer is an advantage
OTHER SKILLS / JOB CHARACTERISTICS REQUIREMENTS
Proficient in using computer and basic application software in internal and external communication and accomplishing reports
Knowledge and background in ISO, GMP, HACCP, 5S and Safety is needed
Good interpersonal and intrapersonal communication skills in informing safety procedures among all employees and contractors
Excellent in speaking and understanding English language
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES
Able to motivate employees in following health and safety procedures
Keen in identifying causes and unsafe acts of all the employees and contractors working inside the company premises
With high sense of commitment on job tasks
Able to work under pressured environment
With high sense of responsibility and knows what an accountability is all about
Willing to learn new things and open for challenges
Analytical, quick and positive mind over health and safety concerns
With high sense of professionalism over job/tasks assigned
Direct and clear orientation of all the employees regarding safety regulations
Timely and correct health and safety information with all the concerned departments especially when there are accidents happened inside the premises
Regular coordination with customer (KOF Ph) on whatever issues that may arise regarding the safety of employees that may need their concern
Close monitoring of contractors for permits and proper working procedures inside company premises
What you can expect working with us
We offer career development, work-life balance, and competitive package