In providing the following information, we would like to provide you an overview of the processing of your personal data when you use our careers portal.
The careers portal is available at:
1. Who is responsible for processing data and who can I contact?
The ALPLA careers portal is operated by Alpla Werke Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co KG, Allmendstrasse 81, 6971 Hard, Austria (‘ALPLA Austria’ or ‘we/us’). This careers portal advertises job vacancies for ALPLA Austria and other companies within the ALPLA Group (‘ALPLA companies’).
If, for example, you apply for a job opening at ALPLA Brazil, your application will be forwarded to the ALPLA company behind the advertisement (in this case ALPLA Brazil) after a pre-screening by ALPLA Austria.
You can find a list of all ALPLA companies worldwide (with name, address and contact details) at https://www.alpla.com/en/company/global-presence.
For questions regarding our privacy practices, please contact:
+43 (0)5574 6020
2. What sources and what personal data do we use?
Personal data comprise all information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person.
We process the following personal data that you share with us through the ALPLA careers portal:
- Information required for an unsolicited application (job description, nature of employment, area of activity, preferred country)
- Name (first name, middle name, surname)
- Address (street, town/city, postcode, country, province)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Other data contained in your CV (e.g. professional qualifications)
- Other information supplied by you (e.g. recommendation letters from previous employers, cover letters)
- Other information entered by you (in the ‘Remarks’ field), and
- Information about whether you have consented to storage of your personal data for subsequent job openings and to transfer of your personal data to ALPLA companies (e.g. for unsolicited applications)
Furthermore, we process personal data that have been lawfully obtained from publicly accessible sources (e.g. press, Internet, social media) to examine the accuracy and consistency of your application. In rare cases, we also obtain personal data from personnel consultants.
We only process the personal data that we must collect in order to review your application. To this end, we mark all required information fields with an asterisk (*) on the careers portal. The application process only requires you to provide the personal data that are necessary for you to be hired. We are normally unable to conduct the application process without these data.
3. For what purpose and on what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data on the following legal grounds:
3.1 For the performance of contractual obligations (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR in conjunction with Article 88 GDPR)
Personal data are processed for the purpose of commencing employment or taking steps prior to entering into a contract (e.g. if we have questions and need to contact you).
3.2 Based on your consent (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR in conjunction with Article 88 GDPR)
Where you have consented to us processing your personal data for specific purposes (e.g. extended storage of application documents, transfer of your unsolicited application to a relevant ALPLA company), such processing is permitted based on your consent.
Consent may be withdrawn at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This also applies to any withdrawal of consent you gave us prior to the GDPR taking effect, i.e. prior to 25 May 2018. Withdrawal of consent only has effect for the future and has no impact on the lawfulness of data processed until that point in time.
3.3 Based on ALPLA’s legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR in conjunction with Article 88 GDPR)
The initiative and transfer of information for unsolicited applications come from applicants who apply for specific job openings of ours using the following websites:
Personal data are processed primarily for ALPLA’s legitimate interest in entering into and subsequently performing contracts with appropriately qualified applicants and for the applicant receiving the opportunity, who has an interest in applying for and receiving a position appropriate to his or her qualification.
Applicant interests are not breached because the applicant’s personal data are processed and transferred exclusively for positions which are appropriate for the qualification and for which the applicant has proactively expressed interest.
3.4 Based on legal requirements (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR) or the public interest (Article 6(1)(e) GDPR)
We reserve the right to process, use and disclose personal data (including to forward it elsewhere) where this is necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal proceedings and law enforcement authority investigations in order to prevent ourselves becoming liable and to protect the security and integrity of our careers portal and the security of its users.
4. Who receives my personal data?
ALPLA is structured as a group of companies and, for this reason, must occasionally transfer your personal data to other ALPLA companies in the group where it is necessary for processing your application. Within ALPLA Austria and other local ALPLA companies, the only persons who receive access to your personal data are ones who require it to administer your application, e.g. human resources officers and superiors.
Our careers portal is maintained by a contracted, external processor.
ALPLA transfers your personal data within the ALPLA Group based on the following principles:
4.1 Applications for a job opening in a specific ALPLA company
If you apply for a position at a local ALPLA company, ALPLA Austria will carry out a pre-screening of your documents. The local human resources division of the ALPLA company to which you have expressly applied will receive access to your personal data and use and process these personal data to determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the vacancies at the local ALPLA company and to contact you.
You can find a list here of all ALPLA companies that may receive your personal data throughout the application process: https://www.alpla.com/en/company/global-presence
4.2 Applications for a job opening in a region
If you apply for a job opening that is applicable to a region as opposed to being advertised by a local ALPLA company, ALPLA Austria will pre-screen your documents and transfer your personal data to the human resources divisions of the ALPLA companies included in that region.
You can find a list here of the countries that belong to each region https://www.alpla.com/en/company/global-presence.
5. Are your personal data transferred outside of the European Union?
Data are only transferred to ALPLA companies based outside of the European Union/European Economic Area when:
- You have given us your consent to transferring your unsolicited application
- The data are transferred to perform a contract or take steps prior to a contract, or
- The data transfer is justified based on ALPLA’s legitimate interests and the data subject has no compelling, legitimate grounds to oppose it
Data are transferred based on:
- Adequacy decisions passed by the European Commission
- For unsolicited applications: explicit consent under Article 49(1)(a) GDPR, or
- For applications for specific positions: the (pre-)contractual relationship between the applicant and ALPLA Austria under Article 49(1)(b) GDPR (since the relevant applicant is applying for an advertised job opening of a foreign nature, ALPLA Austria is required to forward the application to the advertising body).
If data are transferred to a country outside of the European Union, be aware that these countries may have a lower level of data protection than the EU/EEA and, in particular, that there are no guarantees (such as standard contractual clauses) underlying the data transfer.
6. How long are personal data stored?
We store your personal data only for as long as it is required for processing your application (e.g. administration and coordination for your application, completing your interview etc.). If you are not hired, your personal data will be erased no later than six months following conclusion of the application process.
You may give your consent to lengthier storage of up to three years. Where data are processed based on consent, your personal data will be erased as soon as you withdraw this consent or automatically once three years pass.
7. What rights do I have?
By law, you are entitled:
- to access information on what personal data concerning you we have stored and request copies of such data;
- to demand the rectification, completion or erasure of your personal data that are inaccurate or being processed unlawfully;
- to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- to object to the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances or withdraw consent you have previously granted to the processing of your personal data;
- to demand data portability;
- to know the identity of third parties to which your personal data are disclosed;
- to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority. The data protection authority responsible for Austria is the Austrian Data Protection Authority, Wickenburggasse 8, 1080 Vienna, Austria.