Category Manager (buyer)
What you will enjoy doing
Improve Alpla for its purchasing family (category) through the local strategy definition and implementation, regional and local synergies, development of category knowledge, process optimization, TCO optimization... to attain the objectives of profitability, quality and Project terms
- Define and implement strategy for the suppliers’ panel in his/her category: develop, promote, globalize or substitute (reduce suppliers). Ultimate responsibility of the suppliers’ panel.
- Lead negotiations with the panel suppliers for the business objectives fulfilment.
- Manage and solve the suppliers-plant problems that may arise in a responsibility field.
- Develop the purchasing contracts, to communicate and to assure the correct master data update on time.
- Search new suppliers who are in accordance with the Suppliers Optimum Panel necessities.
- Initiate and lead the processes of global sourcing to assure the fulfilment of the objectives of quality, price, time limit, service and technical backup.
- Give support to plant project teams in the assignment process and the monitoring forward sourcing until the entrance of the production.
- Develop the necessary information related to the suppliers of his/her panel (current and potential) in order to be able to elaborate and monitor each category strategy.
What makes you great
- University degree, mainly in Engineering or Business.
- 2 years in similar position or as category buyer
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-responsibility and willingness to travel (up to 30%)
- Structured person
- Results orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication
What you can expect working with us
- Integration in a dynamic team and an international working environment within a 100% family owned company
- A diverse range of challenging tasks with a high degree of self-responsibility