Health and Safety Coordinator
What you will enjoy doing
Health & Safety Coordinator – ALPLA UK
As Health and Safety Coordinator you are responsible for helping to maintain a safe working environment and ensure legal compliance by providing specialist H&S and Environmental Knowledge and support in line with the Company’s policies and objectives
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Advise all levels of the site, providing technical support.
- Ensure individuals work safe, challenge bad practice and encourage good practice and ideas.
- Ensure new employee inductions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Undertake, arrange and attend meetings, toolbox talks and briefing sessions etc. as/when required to ensure regular communication on H&S issues so that company and departmental objectives and KPI’s are achieved.
- Help to facilitate risk assessments, providing H&S advice and support as necessary in accordance with best practice guidelines to ensure legal and other requirements are met.
- Promote reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses at all levels
- Review, compile and upload accident/incident investigation data
- Undertake Hazard Spots and safety inspections in line with departmental KPI’s and objectives.
- Provide administration support as necessary including (but not limited to): maintaining the H&S database including inputting accident, incident and near miss
What makes you great
- Relevant qualification in HSE, NEBOSH certificate
- Health and Safety coordination experience within a manufacturing environment - Experience with loading bays and FLT's advantageous
- Experience of a multi-site role with exposure to a variety of production machinery and associated ancillary equipment.
- Excellent MS Office user experience
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people
- A keen eye for detail and safety
- Agile and responsive to change
What you can expect working with us
Golborne Location (WA3 easily accessed via M6)
Salaried up to £36,000 + Benefits package (Generous pension contributions, Life Assurance, Employee Christmas vouchers, PerkBox – High Street brand discounts, Long service awards, Subsidised onsite canteen)
At ALPLA, we stand for high-quality plastic packaging throughout the world. Around 22,000 colleagues produce quality packaging for foodstuffs, cosmetics and industrial cleaning brands for many blue-chip clients across 182 ALPLA sites in 45 countries
‘’The sustainable, environmentally conscious use of resources is the basis of our business activities, ensuring that future generations can also live in a healthy environment’’
This position will join our UK Base Plant in Golborne.