Product Development Engineer
What you will enjoy doing
Manages projects with supervision and mentoring from Head of Product Development and Senior Project Managers. Coordinates activities during the development phase through approval of customer. Delivers to production on time, within budget and to quality requirements.
Provides leadership with support execution of product development projects. Develop and maintain timelines, track budget, communicate among project resources and stakeholders; aligning with corporate metics
Coordinating activities from design to pilot tool, to production mold and into production; Responsible for mold, machine and packaging components
Determines customer’s requirements and translating them into an actionable plan
Organizing project tasks into a timeline, and assuring that all deadlines are being met
Responding to any customer complaints, concerns or requests throughout the project
Holding regular meetings to ensure that everything is according to time and budget.
Good understanding of stage gated process.
Coordinates design activities between customer and internal design
Effectively communicates internally and externally with customers, suppliers and vendors to determine project requirements, coordinate activities, and provide direction
Documents key project information; Use appropriate forms and follows procedures established for project execution
Responsible for maintaining costs on projects
Responsible for analyzing and interpreting data and information to draw conclusions and recommended next steps; Identifies and resolves technical issues and risks to achieve project goals
Making sure that all health, safety and legal requirements are being met throughout the process
Travel on average of 30% is expected.
What makes you great
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Packaging, Mechanical, Plastics engineering
- 1-3 years project management experience, preferably within plastics industry.
Basic knowledge of HDPE, PP and PET resins
Understanding of Project Management principles
Capable of applying and assessing SPC/statistics
Understanding of key features on bottle for performance and closure seal.
Knowledge of bottle testing, capable of conducting dimensional and functional evaluations
Knowledge of types of packaging systems
Trouble shooting/resolution of issues
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs
- Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
- It is required to act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).
ms Sara Williams, Human Resources
289 Highway 155 South
30253 MC Donough