What you will enjoy doing
Check this out! -
Choosing Your Career with ALPLA- Video'
- Quality System
- Support plant to ensure compliance with all ISO 9001 quality management system, FSSC 22000 food safety management system, and other standards & regulations
- Assists in hazard analysis and HACCP program for food product
- Prepares and successfully completes internal, customer and external audit requirements
- Measurement and Test Systems
- Work with plant to optimize lab & inline measurement and test systems
- Train plant personnel on test and measurement systems..
- Maintains calibration standards on all quality related equipment
- Monitors on-line testing through daily checks of SPC data entry of Machine Operators
- Mold Approvals
- Assist plant in mold qualifications and verification assessments during production runs.
- Assist in preparing qualification reports
- Customer & Internal Quality Issues
- Assist plants in analyzing quality issue trends
- Review customer scorecards and assist plants to implement improvements
- Works with production and customer to determine optimized process settings to assure specified requirements are met (specifically during sampling and product qualification process).
- Support customer complaint process.
- Quality and Continuous Improvement Projects
- Lead and assist in Quality Department projects regarding quality and continuous improvement
- Lead NEXT (Alpla global CIP program) implementation for plant
- Assist in maintaining documentation control and repository including customer specifications
- Assist in optimizing quality documentation system.
- Review plant data reports
to ensure accuracy and reliability; analyze data to identify improvement opportunities
- Owner of Root Cause Analyses Process by involving relevant departments in developing appropriate corrective action response
- Color of products
- Responsible for obtaining & maintaining customer approved color samples for each product
- Promote quality mind set and culture in the plant
What makes you great
- B.S. (Industrial Engineering preferred, other science or technical degrees will be considered) with 1-2 years of relevant experience or recent graduate.
- Some experience in a high volume manufacturing or lab environment preferred
- Some work experience in Quality Assurance
- Experience with physical lab testing equipment, calipers, scales, digital height gauge and compression force testing equipment
- Strong statistical knowledge. Six Sigma Green Belt (desirable)
- Knowledge of Project Management and experience leading projects (ideal)
* Computer proficiency (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, SPC and/or MiniTab)
* Ability to work well with other departments and plants, and lead small teams.
* Able to handle multi-task environment with excellent organizational skills.
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation; paid holidays