Manager - Safety
What you will enjoy doing
- Directs the resources and activities to support the OHSE programs by providing advice and
guidance to the OHSE Coordinators
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the region to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs
- Review internal OHSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct
hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments
- Serve as OHSE Manager when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third
party safety & liability consultants and subcontractor representatives
- Responsible for the development of an annual budget recommendations and implementation.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the
- Assist project team in investigation of all project incidents (GL/WC/Recordable Incidents, Near
Miss and First Aid) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
- Assist in implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure “lessons learned” are communicated throughout the Company and are incorporated into the program, if necessary.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in
- safe practices and promote OHSE consciousness
- Evaluate auditing and incident investigation procedures and issues
- Consult and communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Establish and implement procedures for safety risk management and emergencies
- Develop and/or implement strategies to reduce workplace injuries and ensure workplace health.
- Supervises the regular inspection of firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location Emergency response preparation and
- Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company locations to review OHSE
- performance and policies
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position
- Conduct site visits/audits
- Participate/attend industry related conferences when requested to do so.
What makes you great
- Excellence team leadership skill
- Experience in OHS fields including legislation, regulations, guideline & best practice
- Command of written and spoken English (second language is appreciate)
- IT and statistic Skills
- Excellence interpersonal competence
- Experience in OHSE system for a minimum of 1 years
- Willingness to travel and intercultural competence