What you will enjoy doing
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
As ALPLA’s Purchasing Manager in our entity in The Philippines, you represent the organization in all related Purchasing Management related topics and projects; you are then responsible for the following tasks and deliverables:
- Direct and control purchasing team that they carried out their responsibilities and required standards.
- Spearhead in the development of central purchasing policy.
- Evaluates potential new suppliers to request periodic quotations, evaluate current market conditions and ensures the best pricing for the company.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with other department managers to ensure proper purchasing, scheduling, processing, packaging, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Ensures proper expedition of materials to meet company needs.
- Ensures all raw materials and packaging are ordered within specifications.
- Spearheads orders and controls all raw and packaging materials with regards to price, inventories and availability.
- Maintains the central purchasing budget.
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate and approve contracts and purchase orders together with the General Manager.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships while negotiating for best possible price.
- Understands production and scheduling needs to better set re-order point, safety stock, or just-in-time criteria.
- Maintain an awareness of any developments in the field of central Purchasing.
- Spearheads bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.)
- Ensures that your subordinates comply with and practice the ISO standards, requirements.
What makes you great
Your Competencies and Qualifications:
- You have completed a bachelor or master study in Business Management courses in Purchasing, Finance, Business Administration or Engineering Courses with experience in Technical buying and procurement.
- Solid technical understanding – production equipment and technical infrastructure / auxiliaries
- With at least 5 years’ management/leadership experience in Purchasing field from an international manufacturing company, preferably in the plastic packaging industry.
- With solid experience and background in purchasing and inventory control; use of ERP or MRP system in processing purchasing related information is an advantage.
- Excellent team work and conflict management skills; working in an intercultural matrix environment is what you are familiar with and enjoy.
- You have excellent communication skills in English
- Technically knowledgeable in BOI rules and guidelines; highly analytical, quick and positive mind over purchasing concerns.
- You have a dedication to operational excellence as well as the ability to work independently with tight deadlines.
What you can expect working with us
What we Offer:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Internal and external trainings to further develop both your technical and behavioral competencies.
· Challenging tasks in a global working environment embracing family culture.