What you will enjoy doing
Position Overview / Summary
- Full accountability for business units allocated in terms of payroll responsibilities.
- Accurate maintenance of payroll records at all times, ensuring the integrity of company records.
- Excellent customer service to those allocated Business units, and every employee within those
- All company policies strictly adhered to.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, hand over and archive all compensation and benefit official documents (employment
contracts, bonus letters, annual increase letter, promotion letter, end of service)
- Utilizing VIP Payroll to process payroll
- Enrolling new staff onto the system
- Terminating employees from the system
- Capturing of time and attendance
- Ensuring accurate monthly processing takes place for all payroll changes.
- Applying monetary changes as approved by the director
- Reporting – Skill development, Employment equity, EMP201 and IRP5’s as and when required
- Ability to constantly strive for improvement and more streamlined processes
- Managing of all personnel files and ensuring that these are up to date at all times
- Processing of leave and reporting thereof
- Send actual transferred amount to the payroll manager
- Create, revise and distributes pay slip for all staff
- Develop monthly compensation reports with comparison to previous months.
- Ensure that all allowances and deductions are applied and aligned with local law and any
compensation related to company policy.
- Full responsibility for payroll administration - issuing HR letters for loans / salary letter, keep track of
the issued HR letters in a separate report prepared on weekly basis
- Update all the compensation data upon promotions, internal transfer, merit increases
- Manage special situations like maternity or sickness pay.
- Prepare monthly payroll creditors file the 5th of every month, explain and challenge variances.
- Forward the report to Payroll Manager.
- Ensure that all employee related statutory returns are submitted timeously and accurately, including -
Employee tax, Statistics SA.
What makes you great
- At least 5 years’ experience in Payroll
- Minimum Matric
- Computer Literacy – Excel proficient, VIP payroll
- Knowledge and understanding of employee taxation and labor law and payroll practices
- Able to handle multi-task environment with profound organizational skills
- Excellent time management and administration skills
- Ability to research, interpret and analyses information
- Excellent local language skills and good English skills
- Knowledge of SA labour legislation and bargaining council.
- Punctual and well Disciplined
- Must be a safety oriented person
What you can expect working with us
Professional working environment