What you will enjoy doing
- Implementing programs, technical guidance and maintain appropriate level of awareness to identify and remove physical, chemical & biological hazards and potential risk from the operation sites.
- Conduct safety & health needed training programs for all plant employees and managers.
- Cascade a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and reduces overall associated risks and costs.
- In charge of following and communicating internal HSE policies and practices,
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments and suggest new recommendations from these assessments.
- Provide regular written reports in English, as well as other HSE related results and updates to the HSE Manager,
- Develop and maintain accidents and incidents investigations and take necessary action to eliminate accident causes.
- Conduct inspections to identify unhealthy, or unsafe conditions or work practices, and prepare written reports of inspections,
- Review and develop the risk assessment for all specific jobs inside the plant for routine and non-routine jobs and ensure the implementation of the risk controls,
- Conduct an evaluation for all plant areas, evaluate the fire risk to identify the suitable fire protection system,
- Maintain the effectiveness of the fire protection system through follow up on inspection for all firefighting devices to keep them in good conditions,
- Actively participating Corporate HSE activities and implementing them accordingly,
- Cascade and maintain an emergency plan and its procedures.
What makes you great
ALPLA is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of innovative rigid plastic packaging. We produce packaging systems, bottles, caps, and injection- molded parts of highest quality. We have a total of 4 billion Euro profit over the world. The company founded in 1955 in Austria, we now work together with 21.600 colleagues in 178 production facilities in 45 countries. ALPLA entered Turkish market in 1992 and has opened its production facilities in 5 different locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering faculties,
- Preferably experienced in manufacturing industry,
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills,
- Have a good knowledge of local Health and Safety regulations,
- Good organizational and planning skills,
- Proficiency in MS Office applications,
- Good communication skills and teamwork ability,
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills in English,
- Have the Ministry of Labor Safety Expert Certificate (C level or B level)
- No restrictions for travelling.
HSE Engineer will be responsible for daily monitoring, reporting and awareness of health, safety & environment tasks in the plant. In this position, HSE Engineer will directly report to HSE Manager and oversee the all HSE activities for 5 plants in Turkey.
What you can expect working with us
- Be Agile! Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, quickly changing, and highly ambiguous environment
- Build Trust! Maintain a high level of integrity with ability to build trusting working relationships within the organization and must maintain strict confidentiality regarding compensation, benefits and employee issues.
- Communicate Effectively! Exhibit outstanding interpersonal and communication skills in all interactions and leverage humor, patience, and focus with appropriate audiences. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Focus on Customers! Build supporting relationships with associates throughout all levels of our organization, positioning yourself as a trusted resource for all who seek you out.
- Take Ownership! This position is an opportunity to make the process your own, take risks, and achieve results.
- Collaborate! Tackle day-to-day tasks with a team-oriented mindset.
- Create Opportunities! Identify new and better ways to do what we do every day - be innovative and think big!
- Engage! As you play a critical role in the life cycle of an employee, create a welcoming and support experience for all.
- Energize & Embrace Change! Energize and embrace change by listening, seeking, sharing, collaborating, taking risks, finding solutions, learning by doing, encouraging others, celebrating differences, and recognizing wins!
Join us to support our efforts in playing an active role in paving the way towards an efficient circular economy in the packaging industry. Sustainability and in particular the environmentally conscious use of resources drive all business activities for ALPLA.