What you will enjoy doing
Maintenance Engineer (Multi Skill - Mechanical Bias)
Salaried up to £43,000 + Benefits package
Shifts: 4 on 6 off (Days, Nights)
To ensure all blow moulding machines (Extrusion, Injection and Stretch blow moulding), associated production machinery uptime is maximised in line with Company maintenance procedures and in compliance with both production and health & safety requirements.
Additionally, you will be expected to provide planned and repair maintenance to all plant and works services, within the scope of your training.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensure that all equipment, machinery and peripherals operate efficiently and at full capability, ensuring a continuous production process.
- Carry out repairs on machines as part of breakdown or preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork and maintenance logs are completed correctly and accurately in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with quality, hygiene and food safety policies.
- To perform any other duties in connection with the job that may from time to time be reasonably required by supervision and which are consistent with the “Purpose of job/mission”.
What makes you great
- Multi Skilled background with Mechanical Bias
- Experienced in fault find and repair of Hydraulics
- Experience within fast paced manufacturing / production environment
- HNC / Equivalent would be preferred
What you can expect working with us
At ALPLA, we stand for high-quality plastic packaging throughout the world. Around 22,000 colleagues produce quality packaging for foodstuffs, cosmetics and industrial cleaning brands for many blue-chip clients across 182 ALPLA sites in 45 countries
- Free uniform and PPE
- Great rates of pay and overtime opportunities
- Free parking on site
- Life assurance from day one
- Company Pension scheme
- Sick pay scheme
- Christmas shutdown
- Subsidised canteen
- Maternity and paternity pay scheme
- Christmas vouchers for you and your children
- Long service awards
Please apply to this position for immediate review – contact Kerry McCormick for more information.
ALPLA UK Limited
ms Alex Dawber, Human Resources
Unit 9 Stonecross Business Park, Yew Tree Way
WA3 3JD Golborne