Maintenance Engineer - Elec Bias - Days
What you will enjoy doing
Your role will see you actively working in both preventative and reactive maintenance activities within the plant , the main focus of your role is to minimise downtime and ensure high efficiencies are achieved within the business unit.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensure that all equipment, machinery and peripherals operate efficiently and at full capability, ensuring a continuous production process.
- Carry out repairs on machines as part of breakdown or preventative maintenance.
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork and maintenance logs are completed correctly and accurately in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with quality, hygiene and food safety policies.
- To perform any other duties in connection with the job that may from time to time be reasonably required by supervision and which are consistent with the “Purpose of job/mission”.
What makes you great
- Time served apprenticeship in an electrical biased environment is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and the ability to read schematics, as well as having a good understanding of safe working within this environment.
- Knowledge of pneumatics and the ability to read schematics, as well as having a good understanding of safe working within this environment.
- 17th or 18th edition electrical regulations / Full understanding of all energy isolation, safe working and the use of L.O.T.O
- Demonstratable electrical fault finding skills, and good understanding of all control systems
- Experience in a FMCG background / Cross functional M&E multi-skilled
- Must have a clean as you go work ethic, and also have a good understanding of the basic fundaments of 5S in the workplace.
- Reliable, self-motivated and have a resourceful approach to work.
- Have proven experience of reactive and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Good communicators at all levels, possess team working skills.
What you can expect working with us
Maintenance Engineer – Days
Salary D.O.E. + Benefits, Regular Salary Reviews and Continuous development support.
Milton Keynes (MK10)
At ALPLA, we stand for high-quality plastic packaging throughout the world. Around 22,000 colleagues produce quality packaging for foodstuffs, cosmetics and industrial cleaning brands for many blue-chip clients across 182 ALPLA sites in 45 countries.
At our Milton Keynes plant, we are looking to appoint an experienced and electrically biased multi skilled maintenance engineer. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, this is a permanent day's role from Monday to Friday 07:00 – 16:00.
This position is advertised by ALPLA UK - Contact Kerry McCormick – Internal Recruiter – for more information