Shift Supervisor PM
What you will enjoy doing
Please be advised - this is a night shift position
Check this out! - Choosing Your Career with ALPLA - Video
ALPLA is a global family-owned, privately held company that makes innovative, customized, recycled packaging for top companies such as P&G, Unilever, L'Oréal, Pepsi, and more. ALPLA values their employees, work-life balance, personal growth, compensation and sustainability.
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Running Production area
- Ensuring goods are produced and packaged in correct quantities in accordance with agreed specifications
- Accurately recording goods produced and problems encountered during shift to ensure the smooth change over of shifts
- Performing mold changes with the Machine Operator
- Ensuring the good quality of the product
- Ensuring all employees understand and follow company policies and procedures
- Ensuring all employees work in a safe manner by following company regulations
- Leading the Team
- Ensuring team works together as efficiently as possible
- Assessing training needs of staff and ensures execution of training
- Ensuring adequate staffing to cover absenteeism and holidays, as well as normal operations
- Correctly recording time and attendance of team
- Performing performance evaluations on a regular basis
- Attending meetings with Production Manager
- Reviewing employee concerns and issues with the Production Manager
- Maintaining good housekeeping within department
What makes you great
- Min High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical engineering background
- Supervisory experience required, preferably in the plastics industry
- Good process knowledge
- Computer literate
- Ability to train personnel
ALPLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: ALPLA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ALPLA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. ALPLA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program- Benefits
- Child Care Benefits
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program/tuition reimbursement
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation; paid holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms
and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or
move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
It is required to act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by
adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).