What you will enjoy doing
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Manages the prioritization and tracking of assignments and accountabilities among the leadership team; ensures that deadlines are met. Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously and proactively.
• Serves as an adjunct member of the Senior Leadership Team -- attends senior-level meetings, travels with senior leaders as needed, understands business needs, helps senior leaders develop and articulate solutions.
• Manages contact and serves as a professional liaison between the Managing Director and a diverse group of colleagues, customers, and the Senior Leadership Team, both within and from outside the organization.
• Serves in a gatekeeper role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Managing Director’s time and office.
• Professionally represents the Managing Director when greetings guests, organizing company events, reviewing correspondence and responding to inquiries.
• Assembles and handles highly confidential and sensitive information with professional discretion. Demonstrates and maintains the highest level of trust with valued information.
• Manages an active calendar, and ensures that the Managing Director remains informed of upcoming commitments and appointments.
• Complete expense reports.
• Administratively supports the VP-Manufacturing, Director-HR, and Director-Finance.
• Drafts and manages communications of all types (email, conference calls, phone calls, company-wide communications and updates, acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence) with a hands-on approach.
• Organizes and prepares sometimes large conferences and meetings. Serves as a large event coordinator.
• Organizes sometimes complex and detailed travel itineraries and schedules, including flights, accommodations, meetings and other transportation.
• Works independently and within a team on a variety of special non-recurring and highly prioritized projects.
o Reviews/analyzes customer contracts, maintains contract database and other documents
o Research, assembles and analyzes data to prepare reports and other documents
• Maintain Vendor contract files, customer files.
• May have leadership and training responsibilities for lower-level administrative team members.
What makes you great
• Required –
o Bachelor’s degree – Business-, Finance-, or Management-related
o At least 5 years of experience handling senior-level executives
• Preferred –
o Multinational, multi-location company experience
o MBA, or some level of graduate-level coursework
• Independent judgment – ability to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Expert-level, professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Cultural sensitivity for a wide range of global colleagues, customers and partners.
• Confidence handling extreme pressure and stress.
• Confidence managing responsibilities with demanding and sometimes conflicting expectations.
• Excellent collaborative skills.
• Analytical research and problem-solving skills.
• Quick learner and integrator.
• Trustworthy, confidential.
• Travel – potentially 40%, domestically and internationally
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs
- Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays