What you will enjoy doing
ALPLA is a global family-owned, privately held company that makes innovative, customized, recycled packaging for top companies such as P&G, Unilever, L'Oréal, Pepsi, and more. ALPLA values their employees, work-life balance, personal growth, compensation and sustainability.
The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Specialist will primarily support and maintain the organization’s HRIS applications and modules.
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the HRIS, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules.
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and HR staff to identify system improvements and enhancements; recommends and implements solutions.
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HRIS users.
- Programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries and dashboards.
- Compiles or assists with the acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs for senior executives and HR staff.
- Serves as a liaison between HR, information services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HRIS design and implementation projects.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in HRIS providers, vendors, and technology.
- Performs other duties in support of the Total Rewards function as required.
What makes you great
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product, preferably UKG
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work independently
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program- Benefits
- Child Care Benefits
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program/tuition reimbursement
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation; paid holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
It is required to act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).
ms Jacqueline Karr, Human Resources
289 Highway 155 South
30253 MC Donough