People and Organizational Development Manager
What you will enjoy doing
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans.
- Consults with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters.
- Identify and evaluate business initiatives to ascertain appropriate programs that meet company goals.
- Designs and develops training programs for management and employees.
- Develops learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans, sometimes with the assistance of expert consultants.
- Reviews evaluations of development methods and training courses, objectives and accomplishments.
- Makes assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Develops communication methods to build awareness and support.
- Leads and consults during reviews of high-potential employee development and succession planning.
- Creates competency models.
- Develops team-building exercises and workshops.
- Helps managers develop their team members through career pathing
- Tracks budgets, negotiates contracts and serves as primary contact for development consultants and contractors.
- Serves as primary contact for internal training platforms (e.g. eAcademy).
- Creates/updates training plans/Training Skill Matrices
- Creates/updates training policies, procedures and forms
- Creates and & monitors training KPI’s
- Audits leadership and functional development activities at each locations by using training KPI’s
- Build expert knowledge with attendance at industry seminars, involvement in benchmarking efforts and networking
- Supports HR Director with various projects & reports
What makes you great
Experience / Education / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in OD, HR, I/O Psychology, Business or related discipline from an accredited institution. Masters degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in organizational development and training
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Exceptional analytical, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Flexible, self-directed, motivated
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What you can expect working with us
- Health and Wellness Care Program
- Dependent Care Cost Savings Program
- Recognition programs; Promotional opportunities
- 401K Retirement Plan and excellent Matching Plan
- Medical, dental, vision plan
- Education assistance program
- Short term, long term and life insurance paid by ALPLA
- Paid vacation; paid holidays