Product Development Engineer
What you will enjoy doing
We are looking for an ambitious "Product Development Engineer" to join our team. In this position, you will execute or support product development projects, coordinate and perform activities during the complete product development phase of plastic packaging (plastic bottles and caps).
ALPLA is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of innovative rigid plastic packaging. We produce packaging systems, bottles, caps, and injection- molded parts of highest quality. The company founded in 1955 in Austria, we now work together with 21.600 colleagues in 178 production facilities in 45 countries. ALPLA entered Turkish market in 1992 and has opened its production facilities in 5 different locations.
- You will develop molds for plastic bottles, plastic caps and preforms.
- You will coordinate the testing of the molds on extrusion blow molding machines, stretch-blow molding machines or injection machines.
- You will provide leadership on development projects, coordinating activities from design to pilot tool until production start-up of the production mold.
- You will coordinate product-tests with the quality assurance team.
- You will deliver the projects to the production with expected quality, within project timing and budget.
- You will develop timelines, organize samplings and set priorities.
- You will effectively communicate internally and externally with customers, suppliers and vendors to determine project requirements.
What makes you great
- University degree in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in project management, preferably within the plastics industry
- Technical knowledge of plastic raw materials and mold construction
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Willingness to travel (10-20% international travel)
What you can expect working with us
- We facilitate a smooth start through individual and accurate training as well as professional guidance and support.
- We offer you a challenging task with a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Your individual performance will be remunerated and your development will be supported by us.
- State-of-the-art technical working environment with friendly colleagues and a good working atmosphere